Lice treatment is often started with the direct visualization of the lice in any segment of its life cycle. If you look closer to the head of a patient, you will see that there are more nits than adults or nymphs. This is so awful and nothing should keep you from controlling the reproduction of lice. You need to do something about this "head problem!"
Head lice (Pediculus humanus capitis), as we all know, are the parasitic insects that recurrently make one experience terrible itch behind the ears and near the neckline (almost at the nape). If you are among the over 10 million cases of head lice in the US every year, don't lose hope because there is always a way out of the lice problem.
The fact that you are reading the articles is that you are looking for the best lice treatment right? So here they are:
* Pyrethrins Plus Piperonyl Butoxide or Rid is a shampoo causing an allergic reaction in people who are infected with plant allergies. Twenty to thirty percent of the eggs stay behind viable after treatment hence second treatment is suggested in 7-10 days.
* Permethrin is among the most in demand, and perhaps most effective treatment for head lice. This is basically a cream rinse designed to leave a residue after rinsing. It kills emerging nymphs and so that reapplication is usually not needed.
* Lindane is the one used watchfully since it can fail for some patients because several cases of seizures in children have been reported along with its use.
* Malathion is perhaps among the most popular lice treatment solutions. This prescription lotion is simply applied to the hair, left to air dry, and washed off after 8-12 hours. This is often used for resistant cases of head lice.
* Oral Agents Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, as the term implies, is an oral antibiotic that is given as a 10-day course. This is also among the most effective at treating resistant lice infestations.
* Nit Removal Treatment (normally with pediculicide) kills adult lice and nymphs. This will prevent the spreading of head lice infestation to other people. Among the best lice treatment ways is Nit removal.